Monday, December 2, 2013

Native app to record and score Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fights

I always have lots of ideas in my head, for various applications, interfaces and all this geeky stuff. I also enjoy Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and as there are heaps of really, really low quality apps for BJJ I decided to put these 2 together and create something that might be of use for some.

I looked on Google Play and couldn't find anything that would be remotely useful so I came up with this idea of an app that could record the video of the fight, keep track of all points and what not. After a while I had it ready and now for all you BJJ fanatics its all good and published on Google Play.

It basically allows you to record the video of the fight and during recording you can assign or deduct points to each fighter. It stores the video that can be later replayed at any point. Its built in custom video player replays the video and displays scores as the time goes.



App has has various options, screen layouts and many others yet I believe I made it simple enough to be actually useful and not clutter app with unnecessary stuff.

Its important to mention that this is not some pathetic HTML5/Phonegap combination pretending to be native app. Phonegap wouldn't be able to pull it off. All this is written in Java and as this is native app it works pretty fast. It supports Android 2.2 and newer, no iPhone version sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment